Child Care Leave (CCL) Rules, Application Form, Latest Order for Govt Employees in Rajasthan.
Child Care Leave Rule in Rajasthan
(1). Child care leave for a maximum of 2 years i.e. 730 days during the entire service period can be sanctioned by the competent authority to a female/single male employee for the care of her first two living children (in case of parenting or examination, illness etc. requirements).
- (a) a child below the age of 18 years
- (b) Child with minimum 40% disability up to the age of 22 years.
(2). The grant of Child Care Leave will be subject to the following conditions-
- (i) Female/single male employee will be paid salary equal to 100% of the pay immediately before proceeding on leave for the first 365 days out of 730 days, while for the next 365 days after proceeding on leave Pay equal to 80 percent of the previous pay will be paid.
- (ii) Child Care Leave may be combined with any other leave due.
- (iii) Application for sanction of leave in the format prescribed by the State Government will have to be given to the competent authority well in advance.
- (iv) Child care leave cannot be claimed as a matter of right. Under any circumstances, no employee (female/single male employee) will avail leave without the prior permission of the leave sanctioning officer.
- (v) Child Care Leave applied after unauthorized absence from duty will not be admissible under any circumstances.
- (vi) The leave already availed or being availed by the personnel (female/single male employee) cannot be converted into child care leave under any circumstances.
- (vii) Child Care Leave shall not be debited to any other leave account. Its separate leave account shall be maintained in the form prescribed by the State Government and the same shall be pasted in the service book.
- (viii) The leave sanctioning officer can reject the applied leave for the smooth operation of the official work or for achieving the departmental goals.
- (ix) Child care leave shall not be granted more than three times (spell) in a calendar year. If leave commencing in one calendar year is completed in another calendar year, that spell will be counted in the year in which the leave begins.
- (x) Normally this leave will not be admissible during the probationary training period. In case of acceptance under special circumstances, the probation period will be extended for the same period.
- (xi) This leave shall be sanctioned and treated as earned leave.
- (xii) Sundays and other holidays may be added before or after this holiday. Sundays, gazetted and other holidays falling in the middle of Child Care Leave will count towards Child Care Leave as earned leave.
- (xiii) In addition to the disability certificate issued from the competent authority/medical board before sanctioning leave in respect of a disabled child, the certificate of the child’s dependence on the employee will be taken from the employee.
- (xiv) In case of illness or examination etc. of a child living abroad, leave can be sanctioned on the basis of a certificate obtained from an authorized doctor/educational institution. In case of leave in respect of a minor child living abroad, the rules/instructions for foreign travel leave will have to be followed and 80% of the leave period will have to be spent in the country where the child is living.
- (xv) In case of a child staying in a hostel in the country or abroad, seeking leave during examination etc., the female employee will have to clarify how he/she will take care of the child.
- (XVI) Not less than 5 Child Care Leave will be sanctioned at a time. That is, it is necessary to take child care leave of at least 5 days at a time.
- New Rule 103C Child Care Leave was added in Rajasthan Service Rules 1951.
- Female / single male employee will be given for a total period of 730 days i.e. 2 years in the entire service period.
- Child means a person below the age of 18 years. In case of 40% or more disability, up to 22 years will be considered as child.Female/single male employee will be paid salary equal to 100 percent of the salary just before proceeding on leave for the first 365 days out of 730 days, whereas for the next 365 days the salary before proceeding on leave will be paid. Pay equal to 80 percent of the amount will be paid.
- Can be taken/combined with any other leave.
- Application for this leave has to be made in the approved format issued by the state government.
- Child care leave is not a right. Cannot be taken without prior approval.
- This leave will not be payable to the workers who are absent unauthorizedly.
- Under special circumstances, in case of availability of other leaves, those leaves can be converted into child care leave.
- This leave cannot be deducted from other leave accounts. These holidays will be maintained in the form prescribed by the State Government. And this form will be kept in the service book.
- This leave can be approved in such a situation that the work of the State Government/Department is not affected.
- This leave can be taken maximum three times in a calendar year. But it cannot be availed if two calendar years are available during the leave. If such a situation arises, the calendar year in which the leave has started. It will be counted in that.
- Not less than 5 child care leaves will be approved at a time. That is, it is necessary to take child care leave of at least 5 days at a time.
- This leave will not be admissible to the probationers. Even then if someone takes it, his probation will be extended further equal to the leave period.
- This leave will be treated like earned leave and can be sanctioned in the same way.
- In the sequence of this holiday, they will be counted when Sundays, universal holidays come.
- For children with disabilities, this leave can be accepted only on submission of the certificate issued by the competent authority.
- This leave can be taken on the basis of the doctor’s certificate in case of illness of children and in case of staying outside.
- Can be taken after the examination of the child. If the child is staying in the hostel, the staff will need to present the facts of how your care is needed in the hostel. This leave can be sanctioned for the hostler’s child only after presenting its proof.
CHILD CARE LEAVE will be entered in the employee’s service book by pasting the prescribed form and the marking of CHILD CARE IEAVE period will also be ensured in the service book.
Notification no. of Finance Department Rajasthan. F.1 (6) FD / Rules / 20U Jaipur, dated: 31.07-2020 has made some changes in the child care rules. By the said notification, now it is also payable to single male employees. Click here to get notification information.
Main points of the above notification
- 1- Child care leave of 730 days is payable to women/single men during the entire service period.
- 2- Out of 730 days child care leave payable in the entire service period, for the first 365 days, pay equal to 100 percent of the pay before proceeding on leave is payable and for the remaining 365 days, 80 percent of the pay before proceeding on leave. Salary equal to the percentage is payable.
- 3- A minimum of 5 days child care leave can be taken at a time.
Child Care Leave Notification, Application Form and Leave Account Format
Necessary Documents to apply for Child Care leave
Child Care Leave Application Form
Proforma for maintaining Child Care Leave Account