Scheme for Providing Quality Education in Madrassas (SPQEM)
SPQEM seeks to bring about qualitative improvement in madrassas so that Muslim children are able to attain the standards of the national education system in formal education subjects. The salient features of SPQEM are as follows:
- Strengthening of competencies in Madrasas through payment of enhanced honorarium to teachers for teaching subjects like Science, Mathematics, Languages, Social Studies etc. in the formal curriculum.
- Training of such teachers in new pedagogical practices every two years.
- Provision for science lab, computer lab and annual maintenance costs in madrasas at secondary and higher secondary stage.
- Provision of science/mathematics kits in primary/upper primary level madrassas.
- Strengthening of libraries and book banks and providing teaching learning material in Madrasas at all levels.
- The unique feature of this modified scheme is that it encourages linkage of madrassas with National Institute of Open Learning (NIOS) madrassas as accredited centers for imparting formal education to the children studying in such madrassas up to class 5, Certification for 8, 10 and 12Will enable you to receive.This will enable them to pursue higher studies and ensure that quality standards are at par with national education. The scheme will also cover the teaching learning material to be used along with the registration and examination fees to NIOS.
- NIOS linkage will be extended under this scheme to Madrasas for vocational education at secondary and higher secondary stage.
- It will fund the State Madrassa Boards for monitoring and popularizing the scheme. The Government of India itself will conduct periodic evaluations, the first evaluation within two years.
For more details, click here : SPQEM
अधिक ब्यौरों के लिए, यहां क्लिक करें : एसपीक्यूईएम